Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Just a couple quick things

Things have been somewhat better lately. I finished my training and am now a certified EMS cyclist. I liked the bikes we use on the team so much I bought one for myself to use at home. I needed a new bike anyways, so why not train at home on the same bike I have at work?

I'm still stuck on the ambulance, but the current rumor is that that might change soon. Some people from my academy class are at stations that don't even have a rescue, others somehow manage to always be on the fire engine. The smart-guys running things have realized that's not really fair to everyone. Besides, 2 classes have come out since mine, they need to ride the rescue as well.

Quick prayer request: One of my really good friends from training went home from work a few days ago to find his home burnt down. He lost everything, he only has the clothes on his back and his kid. Weird to think a firefighter's house would burn down, but it has happened before. It's still unknown if it was accidental or arson, but if it's arson...I hope they catch the little bastard and throw the book at him/her.

I'm going to go on and wrap up this entry, I'm fading fast...I can hear my nice, comfy bed calling out to me.

Take Care

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi There.

I am looking forward to reading more of your entries. I'm just an artist in Calif. tho I have completed CORE training recently and used to do quite a bit of crisis center work years ago.

I am grateful for the help that you give folks tho I hope to avoid your serives myself! At any rate, I hope that you continue to journal/blog here, not only for my own self but because it is so good to talk about what is going on in a job like yours. But you know that, right?

Best Wishes and Carry On!