Friday, September 17, 2004

A lot has been going on

Haven't written in a while, been overloaded with things lately. A week ago today, my grandad passed away, he'd been in the hospital since the same day I went to the ER. We moved him to hospice the day before he died. It's also been really weird at the academy. The EMT class challenged us to 'anything, anytime,' well, let's just say they cheated at every station and we still beat them! One of our instructors' father passed away. The funeral was yesterday and we were supposed to have the day off. In times of natural disaster or manmade chaos, anyone is subject to recall. I received a phone call about 1100 to get my stuff packed, plan to stay overnight, pick up my gear from the academy, and head to the temporary command center for my assignment. Got off work around 0200 this morning. I'll write more later, my lunch is here and I have a lot of things to get done.

Take care

1 comment: