Thursday, April 7, 2005

more crazy days

Life's been hectic at work lately. I had to swap time with a friend to work a big disaster drill. Sleeping in a fire station 2 nights in a row is not recommended. At least I can sleep in my own bed tonight :-)  Both of the guys I joked around a lot with are now gone. One transferred a couple months ago, the other decided he would retire a few days ago. We had a very nice steak lunch at the station for him, his wife and one of his kids. Our Batallion and Deputy Chief came and ate with us, took group pictures, told stories, etc. The nice thing about having the Chiefs there, we were able to go out of service for "training" so we wouldn't have to run calls during the little party. The big party will be the first of next month, we're going to have it at a different station since ours is so small. (Besides, no matter how much you clean a turd, it'll never be more than a shiny piece of shit.)

I do have a good call to write about, but I don't have the time right now. I've got errands to run and things to do. I'll try to post it Saturday.

I will say this much, it was like having my dad trying to flirt with me. *now 'scuse me while I go hurl*

stay safe

No comments: