Friday, November 3, 2006

Update on me, and other things

The Halloween season is FINALLY over!!!

My arm is the same, if not worse. I'm still in the process of getting approved for OJI status (worker's comp... can kiss my arse!). Because of this, I haven't even gotten anywhere close to being approved for my physical therapy, even though I've had this stupid brace on for nearly 3 weeks now. My wrist is increasingly stiff and now hurts as much without the brace as it does with it.

I've basically lost my faith in what some call "brotherhood." If this "brotherhood" actually existed, at least 1 of my "brothers" from work would have called me to see how I'm doing. My phone has remained silent, for 17 days now. I'm not counting everyone in that statement, I've had a couple friends on yahoo that occasionally ask how I'm healing.

Thanks again to my arm, I haven't been able to ride my motorcycle any. I have just enough grip (and, thankfully, a built-in flat part on the throttle) so I can slightly twist the throttle...just enough to be able to easily roll the bike back into the garage after pulling it out to run it each week.

My car is back in the shop, for the 4th time in as many months. It's been the same problem every time, P0400-EGR flow problem. This time, I contacted the service manager at the dealership directly and basically lit a fire under his arse. He seems prepared to "get to the bottom of this," but is he ready to deal with me??? The first time, they cleaned the EGR ports. 2nd, they replaced the vacuum hose (thinking they accidently skewered it the first time). 3rd, they say it's the exhaust manifold (I went to my regular shop due to prices....they didn't address the fact that the original code was thrown too). Now, the light came on again and I first took my car to my shop to see if it was the same code. After pulling the code, they cleared it so the check engine light went off. I shifted my car to the dealership and they don't seem to believe the p0400 code was thrown since it isn't in the memory anymore. Instead, they said that when they hooked it up to pull any codes, it had a p1000 code...something to do with the emissions. Umm...HELLO?!? My car just passed emissions with flying colors 3 months ago!!! Not to mention that if the light was off...there wouldn't be any codes to pull!

On the lighter side, I got the notion stuck in my head a few days ago...I couldn't resist myself ....Must....Beat.....a.....claw-machine!!!!!! So, off to Dave 'n Buster's we went. I ended up with 2 bracelets, 1 bling-bling necklace, 2 doberman puppies, 1 green frog, 1 my little pony, 1 grey/white cat, and about 800 tickets. I already had a bunch of tickets saved, so we got a t-shirt and 2 different types of thermal mugs.

Time to go hang out with my boyfriend's parents, they're up here for a HAM radio fest.

Be safe out there.

No comments: