Friday, April 9, 2004

starting out

Ok, just starting this out but have been thinking about it for a long time...bear with me. I'm 19 and I live just outside Atlanta wher I'm the vice president of a local car club (by the way...I'm also a girl). I got lucky last year and was able to move to Hawaii for a little while. I also work at Netherworld Haunted House, top 10 in the nation. I've just recently finished filming in a independent film, and I do disaster simulations to help fire and rescue services train. I go spelunking (cave exploring) in my free time. Currently, I'm working for NAPA as a delivery driver, but not for much longer. You see, I want to be a Firefighter. I've been lucky with the applications, the county I'm aiming for desperatly needs people and is rushing us through the application process.**the application process normally takes over a year, I've been in 3 months and the class starts in about 2 weeks.**

I can honestly say, the agility tests are the hardest things I've ever done, but I would jump at the chance to do them again. The physical strain of working a fire for 60 minutes is related to doing construction work for a week. And yes, I want this more than anything!

Right now, I'm tired. The fire dep't called and I went and got poked and prodded at the DR's office for a couple hours this morning. Just 2 steps left and I can start with the county. Woo Hoo!!!!!

 

If you've got any questions, add them in the comments section and I'll try to answer them when I post.

No comments: