Thursday, May 12, 2005

Don't Go!!!!

In a few hours I'll be on my way to Ft. Stewart. My fiance is one of many Army National Guardsmen that will be deployed to Iraq this weekend. He'll be gone between 12 and 18 months. It's going to be rough on me, the past few months have been hard, he's been away for training since December. My only relief is that every few months, he will be able to come home for a few days. Not great, but definately better than nothing.

He was home all last week and we spent nearly every waking hour together. We went and got our tattoos (I'll put a picture up some day if I can figure it out), watched some DVDs, went to the circus, and just enjoyed our time together.

I'd better quit writing before I really start to make myself depressed.

Take care and tell someone you care about that you love them, they may already know it, but sometimes, it feels good to hear it again

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your Journal threw Life as a Paramedic..you just commented, as well did I . I am so sorry he is leaving. That is very hard, hope you have family and friends close to keep you company. Have a good night.
Tina
http://aol.journals.aol.com/gallsclndrgirl/MyLilNookofNothings/

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl-

I feel what you do. I have a brother that is also in the military and is stateside now but was away for awhile after the towers fell.  I have a lot of friends who are weekend warriors (yeah, two weeks a year my ass) and I respect what they do and how they do it.

Be assured that you are not alone and that the friends you have on line here will become part of you and your support staff when needed.

Make sure to ask for anything when you need it.

M-

http://journals.aol.com/rescuesquad93/Lifeasaparamedic/