Monday, May 16, 2005

He's gone

As I'm sitting here, I have no clue what to write, but I feel the need to write something. I was able to talk to my fiance early this morning (about 0400) just before he got on a plane. He's going to try to email and call me whenever he can.

The actual deployment ceremony was interesting I guess, I couldn't actually see anything and could barely hear it. The only part I was able to see was the march out. We met up with our soldiers and had about 1 1/2 hours to say our final goodbyes before they went on lockdown. We had a nice meal at Popeye's together. Then said our goodbyes and went our seperate ways.

It's now day 2, and I'll admit it, I'm totally unmotivated to do anything. I ate a bagel, and I'm out of bed and dressed, that's as good as it gets right now.

I am lucky that one of my best friends is home from college for the summer. She knows how I am and has decided she'll keep me occupied and get me out of the house. She bought tickets to Star Wars III and I'll probably go. Living in a 3 bedroom house by myself and her staying with her parents, I've offered to let her move in while she's here. She needs the escape from her parents, and I need the company.

COPS is on now so I'm gonna go laugh at stupid criminals for a while.

Stay safe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to him, may he return safely.

Great journal!

Russ