Wednesday, August 3, 2005

good times

Wow, time flies when you're having fun. 

I have become very good friends with a cop from my county. He has even said he considers me as a little sister. He has tried to keep me occupied and keep my mind off the hazards my fiance is facing. I still can't watch the news, every day they talk about another guy from his brigade getting injured or killed. This guy, who I'll call Stumpy, has taken me to Six Flags with a couple other officers...We went to the shooting range together last week. We're going to try to go back to Six Flags again this week.

Work has been, well, work. I'm still stuck on the rescue every shift. Capt is still a big pain in the ass. He asked me a few shifts ago why I didn't try to get my learner's for the Engine. I told him I had no interest in driving a truck I wasn't ever on. He didn't really like it, but I'm not going to lie to him. Why should I get the permit when I hardly know how to operate off the back of the truck?

I've worked a few events on the bike team. We've had a lot of fun for the most part, except for when the Chief decided to come one day as the backup. The pucker factor went up considerably, the whole team was more uptight.

I finally got into and attended the interior search and rescue class at the state fire academy. I have so many bruises and blisters I look like I've been beaten. This morning, my knee was so swollen I could barely walk. I can deal with the blisters, given a big enough band-aid, but when my knee is the size of a grapefruit-I don't think I'd be of much help on the ambulance.

Even though it's been a few weeks since I turned 21, I have yet to try any beer or anything. I'm not really interested in anything like that.

No comments: