Saturday, December 4, 2004

days off

Not much to write about lately, I've had a couple extra days off. I work a 24/48 schedule (24 hours on, 48 hours off). Each month, we get a liberty day...basically a free 5 day vacation. To help out one of the guys at my station who didn't get the vacation time around Christmas, we swapped liberty days. So basically, I was off the shift before, worked yesterday, and don't have to work again until Thursday. Stuff like that I really don't mind, he has kids and a family to be with, my family understands and has already planned to wait to open the gifts we would normally open Christmas Eve.

Haven't had many good calls lately. We went on a bad car accident last night, one fatality and another patient that went by helicopter to the ER. One of the cars was on it's side resting against some trees. The heavy rescue team came out to stabilize the car and help get the body out for the medical examiner. It wasn't really a gruesome scene, but everyone was a little quiet as they went about their business.

My parents lost their minds last weekend...in a good way. They came home with a Harley-Davidson. It's got a lot of the chrome options and rides great. I can't wait to go on a mountain run with my dad. I'd love to learn how to ride, but not on a Harley, that's too nice of a bike should I get into an accident or drop it.

I haven't eaten in about 24 hours and my boyfriend's here, we're going to go get food. (He's leaving in 2 days)

Take care

No comments: