Monday, December 6, 2004

Seriously???

Yesterday was the last day before my boyfriend left to get ready to go to Iraq. He won't actually leave until April (or so), but most of his training will be in Cali.

We've spent the past 2 weeks practically connected at the hip. Knowing we'd be apart for over a year makes it easier to tolerate anyone...kidding. His birthday was a couple weeks ago and we've been hanging out a lot lately. Last night, my Mom offered to make whatever he wanted for his last REAL dinner...Mmm, spaggetti.

After dinner was over and my brother and his wife left, Mom and Dad cleaned the table and left us alone to watch TV. A few minutes later, he proposed.

We've been dating almost 2 1/2 years and have joked about it, but for some reason, I thought he was kidding. I just kept asking if he was serious. I've never had a boyfriend who was this respectful of me (or even as decent a human being) before. My mind as well as my heart started racing a mile a minute. Once he finally convinced me he was serious, what else is there to say? I mean, the guy who races to open every door for me, gets mad if I try to pay for my own meal, and nearly cries just from watching me hurt -just asked me to be a part of his life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a keeper.  Congrats to you!!!

--Scott
http://journals.aol.com/sekirley/LifeSaver