Monday, May 10, 2004

Mondays...

Just another average Monday, traffic stinks, class was long, drawn-out, and boring. I was allowed to run/walk and climb the tower at PT this morning...But tomorrow I'll start back at full PT. We received our TB shots, 3 days and they'll be checked. Another one of the "big bugles" came to visit (assistant chief/fire marshal= 4 bugles). We took our test over infectious diseases...I passed. Then another Instructor came to help teach us about scene safety. One of the classes last year made a video of their attempts to control a scene. As we watched, we pointed out what they did wrong, or what they just plain old didn't do. The scenario's were so funny, even the guys on the tape were laughing...until they got "shot" by the patient.

Tomorrow should be...well...interesting. Instead of going to the academy, I'll meet with 5 classmates at another building to do a workout. This is the one I was talking about a few days ago, run 1.5 miles, situps, pushups, stretching... fun stuff... feel my overwhelming excitement? (*insert sarcasm here*) I think I'm supposed to take an exam tomorrow also...better study.

Stay safe....but have fun....

No comments: