Sunday, May 9, 2004

Need to vent

I don't think I'll ever understand my parents, wait, scratch that...just Mom. All the years of school, all the years of being yelled at for never studying, all the non-existant offers to help... Now I'm getting the opposite. When I get home from the academy, my routine is go to the bathroom, check email/update journal, eat something, then hit the books. Half the time, she starts bugging me about studying as I exit the bathroom! Right now, my pet peeve is that she wants to know if I'm studying, but she is constantly interrupting me to send me downstairs for another 12-pack of cokes or something stupid like that. A few minutes ago, she tried to start an argument with me because I need to study and was going to take my books with me to the dinner at my aunt/uncle's house...the problem? If I'm going to study I might as well stay home- and yet, I need to go visit with my family (leave the books at home). Either way, I'm up the proverbial creek. My aunt's a lawyer and my uncle went to UGA, they have BOTH offered to help me study A.K.A. they'd understand! What I don't understand is that if she knew this was going to happen, why did she force me to go work the fish-fry yesterday, I could've studied then, and been able to visit family today. I need to get out of this house, the longer this journal gets, you'll see how big of a pain she can be and how much pain she causes me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the moms of the world.  How's class going?
--Scott