Monday, May 24, 2004

My poor legs....

PT was killer this morning. We did our little warmup at the academy, then piled onto the bus and van. We ended up going to a nearby stadium to run stairs, stairs, and more stairs. Oh yeah, you read it right, we ran from track level to the last row of the nosebleed section, 8 times. **after doing our normal pushups, 6 inches, and mountain climbers in the parking lot**  Tomorrow, we run to the stadium (about 1.5-2 miles), then get to climb up it 10 times, and, of course, run back.

This afternoon, I don't know who it was, but someone FUBAR'd the gatorade. OK, I don't drink coffee, but this stuff was getting everyone hyper, try drinking a little lemon with your sugar (lemonaide for the lost folks)...we were bouncing off the walls!!! Actually, I was kinda enjoying it- it isn't often the instructors don't fuss at us for eating/drinking something that sweet.

We went through another chapter on patient care and assessment, then took our written exam for CPR. Also watched a couple old COPS and RESCUE 911 videos with weird calls...One was a call from about 10+ years ago in my county, another was a call-gone-wrong to a penitentiary in Tennessee. Almost forgot, we saw one a few days ago, guy put a gun under his chin and pulled the trigger. OK, imagine if your face, from the eyebrows down, looked like a bowl of spagetti, extra sauce- that's this guy. He only had about 1/3 of his tongue, nothing resembling a chin, couldn't find a nose or eyes, and he was a bloody mess. I give credit to the person that was able to put the tube in his throat, how you found it, I may never know. The only "landmark" on his face was his eyebrows, everything else was literally blown off. This sounds morbid, but all I can really say, is that next time, if you feel the undying need to try again, don't miss.

Oh yeah, our lead instructor found out that the scantron machine was messing up when it graded our last exam, so he regraded them again-by hand. The good news is that now only 2 people have to do the retest. And my score kicked up to a 93%. If I had the energy, or could feel my legs, I might do a little happy-dance.  :-)

Stay safe

No comments: