Monday, May 3, 2004

Weekends are too short

Saturday was fun, spent the whole day doing a bunch of training with State Troopers and other groups. Then went to Savannah to sleep and catch up with my Mom. Here's the fun part...Get to the hotel about 1am, and Mom left a room key at the front desk with my name on it. I walk in and the guy can't find the key anywhere. So I give him my mom's name, he looks it up on the computer and makes me a key to room 232. I park the car, grab my junk, and head for the room. Long story short, the key fits, and the 2 strangers start screaming like banshees when they see me. I blurt out a quick apology and slam the door. Obviously, I'm pissed by the time I get back to the front desk. I walk in and drop my camo-bag and camelback on the floor and toss the key across the counter, Oh, I was in full BDU's (camoflage for you non-military folks). The guy has the rocks to tell me not to throw the key across his counter like that. I reply to get the room right next time(edited version...I didn't curse at him, but I wasn't very nice either). He looks it up on the computer again and reads the name of the folks I scared, same last name, but I gave him a female name, the room was under some guy. I ended up calling mom from the cell phone and she came down and took me to our room. Next morning, she went down to the lobby (I was sleeping) and lo-and-behold there's the key, in plain view on the counter's only shelf. I think we got a voucher for a free stay at that hotel. Sunday was dull, studied for about an hour, then drove for 4 to get home and study some more. Bought some new boots today, old one's would've been more $$ to resole. That's about it...besides, dinner's ready and I'm hungry..........

No comments: